GlassFish Server Open Source Edition is an enterprise grade, Java EE 6 compliant application server. Since version 3.0, it has been re-architected to run on the OSGi module system, which allows it to be modular, extensible and embeddable. It allows use of OSGi in Java EE applications thereby allowing users to develop modular, dynamic enterprise Java applications. Below are a few notable features of GlassFish Server:
- Free community-supported application server with commercial offering available
- Full Java EE 6 platform support
- Next-generation modular and extensible architecture (OSGi)
- Enterprise reliability and performance with full clustering
- Support for various OSGi Enterprise Technologies.
For more information, see http://GlassFish.org.